Thursday, February 24, 2011

Beliebers and Concussions

I wish the reason I love Justin Bieber so much is because he's awesome, or because he looks like a "dreamy Christmas elf", but alas, its a little more complicated. One of the only things that brought me joy in life is now bringing me misery. Boatloads of it. The hockey team I cheer for, the Pittsburgh Penguins, is a hockey team in crisis. With the playoffs fast approaching, the team should be getting ready for them by trying to gain the top spot. Instead, the Penguins are trying to stay in the playoffs.
I now officially have Bieber fever. Oh God.
       First of all, most of the team is injured. No, I'm not being dramatic. I'm actually being serious. Here is the list of injured players: Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Brooks Orpik, Paul Martin, Chris Kunitz, Aaron Asham, Dustin Jeffery, Eric Tangradi, Mike Comrie, Nick Johnson,  and Mark Letestu. The team is seriously screwed. To add on top of the injuries, Pittsburgh recently traded Alex Goligoski for James Neal and the guy Sidney Crosby beat up last year from the Dallas Stars. Great. If Sidney can beat you up, you must be a whimp.
           I think I become obsessed with Justin Bieber because, well, I have nothing better to do. My favourite player is out with a concussion and the team I cheer for is seriously sucking. Loving Justin keeps my mind off of hockey and Sidney Crosby's injury. I mean, I like other hockey players besides Sidney. Max Talbot and Marc-Andre Fleury are cute and French and Jonathan Toews is an angel sent from heaven, but none of them can compete with my love for Sid the kid. I wish I loved Justin for other reasons, but I don't. He's a great musician and all, but lets face it. If Sidney Crosby was still playing right now, I wouldn't be a Belieber.

No comments:

Post a Comment