Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What If You Could Stop Him?


Yesterday I went to the Tim Burton exhibit in Toronto. It was pretty creepy but I must admit that Tim is a genius. Afterwards, we went shopping. I got this really comfy Roots sweater and a magnet. Then I came home and went on the computer. That's when I saw the greatest article I've read in a really long time, got on my knees, and started to cry tears of joy. Sidney Crosby skated for the first time since his concussion. Now mind you, it was only for 15 minutes but it was still something. Still progress. One step closer to him coming back. Not even kidding, this was one of the happiest days of my life. I mean, Sidney just never quits! No matter what happens to this man, he always finds a way to overcome it, and show it who's boss. Not getting picked for the Olympics? Four years later, he scored the golden goal. Losing to the Red Wings in the Stanley Cup finals? One year later, he became the youngest captain to ever hoist hockey's Holy Grail. Who knows what he'll do to overcome this throwback but I know in my heart it will be even more amazing than the other two.

No comments:

Post a Comment