Saturday, October 16, 2010

Motherly Love

"I have a tip that can take five strokes off any one's golf game:  it's called an eraser."- Arnold Palmer. I don't need a eraser to improve my golf game since nothing can hide the fact that it still takes me 30 strokes to put the ball in the hole (I'm not kidding, once I was +78). But I really wish I could use one to erase the memory etched in my mind of the day we went to the Canadian Open charity golf tournament. 
      It all started when my Dad told my sister and I we were going to the Open. Since I find golf incredibly boring and am terrified of golf balls, I really didn't want to go. It wasn't until my Dad told us Dion Phaneuf and Rick Nash were going to be there, that we became excited. When we arrived in Toronto for the tournament,  I brought all of my hockey things for them to sign, including the Olympic Issue of Sports Illustrated and a Toronto Maple Leafs teddy bear my Grandfather bought for me. My sister and I even wore our Team Canada t-shirts, just to show we liked hockey. Wearing them proved to be pure genius. We actually got every hockey player at the tournament to give us their autograph. After getting Martin Brodeur, Steven Stamkos and Dion Phaneuf's (Dion was super nice and actually talked to me. I couldn't breathe.) autograph, Kate and I went looking for Rick Nash. Well, we found him alright. While he was walking towards us, I could see my mother coming closer to where he was supposed to sign. She was talking to herself and had a strange look in her eye. At first, I ignored her because Rick Nash, the captain of the Columbus Blue Jackets, had just signed my magazine. As he was signing my sister's hockey book, I heard my mother saying, really loudly, "he's so hot" continuously from behind me. Unfortunately, the shy, Rick Nash heard her and literally ran to the next hole. I felt utterly, ridiculous. Rick ran away from my creepy mother, nice. Now, don't get me wrong, I had fun at the Open but I really wish I could forget the pure terror in Rick's eyes as he dashed away from my mother. It's surprising he hasn't filed a restraining order yet.

2 comments:

  1. lol! Well... at least you got an autograpgh! =) I wish I was there. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, you've already got your narrative essay written!

    ReplyDelete