Monday, April 11, 2011

Hot Waiter Man Part Two

       Last Friday was probably not one of the greatest days I've ever had. Since my Grandmother passed away on Wednesday, and the visitation was on Friday, I wasn't really feeling very happy. After the visitation, my family and I went out for dinner because we hadn't seen each other for a while. Kelsey's was the restaurant of choice. I was feeling really upset when we first sat down and was trying extremely had not to cry. Much to my surprise, "hotty waiter of the century" came to take our order. As he went down the table taking orders from my other family members, I couldn't help but stare. He was perfection in the form of a over enthusiastic, apron wearing waiter man. When he asked me what I wanted, I quietly said "white milk"(I freaking love milk). "Okay, white wine" he answered back as he proceeded to write the order on his notepad. Just about every one at the table burst into laughter, including myself. Hot waiter man started laughing and realized that I was indeed not over the age limit, but was in fact, 17 years old. But here's the best part. He touched my arm, told me his name was Ryan and that he was sorry. He touched my arm. Oh, and it doesn't stop there. Every single time he came back to the table he would make some crack about giving me white wine. It was both a embarrassment, and a relief. Ryan indirectly made me feel a little better about my Grandmother and cheered me up for the time being. He also helped me realize that I can order alcohol without anyone realizing that I'm 17. Just kidding, but seriously, it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment