Saturday, April 30, 2011

"I Call Dibs on Harry": A Wedding of Royal Proportions

     On Friday morning at 4:00 in the morning, I was seated in front of the television wearing yoga pants, my Jonathan Toews Chicago Blackhawks shirt and large white hat covered in roses. If someone were to glance into the living room from the street, they'd probably be wondering where my straight jacket was. But I was not in fact insane, I was just getting into the spirit for the Royal Wedding! I was so tired that morning, that forgot to put the toilet seat down and almost fell in the toilet. It was really quite terrifying. But when Prince William and Harry came onto the screen, clad in their military uniforms and ear-to-ear smiles, my eyes lit up with happiness. William looked so darn handsome! Harry looked pretty darn good too. Really good in fact. My 5 year romance was instantly rekindled with the younger, rebellious Prince.
          I almost fell asleep again until Kate Middleton stepped into the car going to Westminster Abby. She looked so beautiful waving to everyone with her adorable (and priceless) tiara! It wasn't until I saw her entire dress that I freaked out. It was so classy and elegant that I felt really under dressed in my hockey shirt. Watching the entire event was a honour, and something I'll remember for the rest of my life. I witnessed history, and I loved every moment of it. All and all, the Royal Wedding wasn't really about Kate's dress, Harry's hotness, the tiara, the kiss, Princess Beatrice's hideous Lady Gaga hat or even David Beckham's hair (which was the best part of the wedding by the way)! The Wedding was about two young people saying "I do" who truly love each other, and will never make their parents mistakes because of this. I think Kate and William will last the test of time and I wish them happiness in their marriage. Oh, when I do that, I should also tell William to put in a good word for me to Harry. After all, I called dibs on him 5 years ago. Royal band wagoners, back off.

No comments:

Post a Comment