Friday, December 3, 2010

Hockey Karma

If anyone knows me well, they know I love Sidney Crosby. Hell, even if people don’t know me well they still know I love him. I am very passionate and obsessive when it comes to him and his team, the Pittsburgh Penguins. So how do you think I’d feel when some “hot shot”, 5 foot nothing grade nine boy comes up to me and says “The Penguins suck. The Capitals are way better and Crosby is gay.” No, I didn’t beat him up. But I did tell him something that cannot be mentioned on this blog. Anyways, this child has been coming up to me on a day-to-day basis telling me how much my lovely team and future husband suck. I hate it and I’ve always tried to find a way to get back at him. Yesterday, I did.
I was walking in the hall, minding my own business and wearing my marvellous, pink Pittsburgh Penguins scarf. The super annoying child walks by me and says “Ovechkin is still better than Crosby.” I ignored the little creep this time because I had a Footloose performance that night that I was excited about, and Crosby scored a hat trick on the weekend and Ovechkin didn’t. After Footloose, I rushed home to watch the end of the Pittsburgh Penguins game, and was pleasantly surprised. Sidney had just scored a hat trick. It was his second hat trick in 3 games. I was actually beaming with joy. Then I realized the Washington Capitals lost 2-1 to the Dallas Stars, possibly one of the worst teams in the NHL, the same night. After this, I was beaming with even more joy. Karma’s a bitch Ovechkin kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment