Thursday, September 9, 2010

Who knew Nick J. could actually sing!

       Unfortunately, I was once a Jonas Brothers fanatic. I knew all of their middle names, favourite movies, every lyric to every song and every detail about their faces. It was pretty bad.
    Now that I've got over my insane obsession, I've realized the Jonas Brothers' many faults. They're straight-out-of-the-mold Disney "rock" stars that dress weird and look like primates. I used to love, love, love Nick Jonas with all of my heart and thought his voice was like "an angel sighing"(to quote Madonna). Now, he sounds like a whiny, constipated four year old girl. Or does he?
       I was recently reading a article about how Nick Jonas was supposed to play Marius in the London 50th anniversary edition of the best musical ever created, Les Miserable. At first, I thought; "Oh Lord, this will be a disaster," but I was proved wrong. I listened to him sing "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" on Youtube and was freaking blown away. I mean, I've been studying music for, like, 9 years now so I know what I'm talking about. Why doesn't he sing like that all of the time? Wasted talent, I mean really. Wasted, freaking talent. Watch it, you won't be disappointed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRZSeJTJMoY

No comments:

Post a Comment